There are no products listed under this category.
A shrub (also known as a bush) is a small to medium-sized plant. They are about 6-10 meters tall. Shrubs, unlike most plants, have persistent woody stems above the ground. Shrubs are very easy to plant because their root balls seem to be much smaller than large trees. One tricky part about planting shrubs is knowing where to place them in the landscape.
Shrubs come in different forms. There are various kinds of shrubs. Each kind of shrub is suitable for a different landscape. Here is a list below of the top five shrubs.
1. Flowering Shrubs: These kinds of shrubs come in different sizes, shapes, and colors. Here are the five best flowering shrubs that can be grown all year long.
- Forsythia: These are bright yellow blossoms in starlet's branches. The average height for these is 2-3 feet.
- Fothergilla: These are bottle-brush-like blooms that open at branch tips in early spring before leaves appear. Flowers of these kinds provide an early-season nectar source from pollinators. These flowers look breathtaking during fall. They're placed next to trees with leaves changing colors.
- Azalea: These flowers come in bright, bold, and vibrant colors. They will look stunning in your garden in the spring. They come in a rainbow of hues so you can find any color you want! They can grow up to 20 feet tall.
-Mountain Laurel: These are some of the rarest types of flowering shrubs. These typically grow 5 to 8 feet tall and wide. They come in white, red, pink, and even bicolor!
- English Lavender: One of the fragrant kinds of flowers and leaves. They come in a soft purple color and grow 16 to 20 inches high and wide. These flowers have been known for stress and anxiety relief. There are many lavender products on the market that therapists recommend buying. If you are often stressed, these might be useful to plant in your garden!
2. Evergreen Shrubs: Evergreen shrubs have year-round foliage and are preferred for foundation plantings, hedges, or screens. Their foliage comes in bright golden, Burgundy, and green.
3. Fragrant shrubs: These shrubs are ideal for planting near decks, patios, porches, or any sitting area. They have a wonderful scent, and their extracts are used in various perfumes. Hence, their name, "Fragrant Shrubs."
4. Sun Loving Shrubs: These shrubs are very fuzzy in texture and are bright green. It is best to plant them in a spot where there's a lot of sunlight. They grow best outdoors and require minimal watering.
5. Shade Loving Shrubs: Unlike sun-loving shrubs, which prefer sun, these shrubs are the total opposite. They grow the best in places with a small sun and more shade. These are the perfect kind of plants to keep near your window indoors! If you live in an apartment and don't have a backyard but always wanted a plant, these might be perfect!
Shrubs have so many varieties, and anyone can grow them!